10 Sustainable Tips From The Circul8 Office
June 28, 2021
- Circul8 News
Here at Circul8 we’re always striving to be as environmentally conscious as possible. Here are our top ten tips based on what we have managed to do.
1. We compost all our food scraps and organic waste.
This in turn reduces methane emissions from landfills and lowers our carbon footprint. Don’t be put off if you don’t have a composter in the office, you can roster taking scraps home to feed home composts.
2. Our stash of reusable coffee cups means our daily caffeine fix is guilt free.
According to KeepCup, 1 month of drinking 5 takeaway coffees in a KeepCup per week will save: 21 single use cups, 0.77kg of carbon dioxide (CO2e), 0.07kg of plastic, 19.75mj of energy and 0.47kg of timber.
3. Our office energy is super charged by GreenPower
As GreenPower users we contribute to a cleaner, greener Australia by investing in accredited renewable energy. GreenPower is 100% renewable energy and is available for households and businesses through most energy retailers.
4. Our GM Annie just bought an electric car.
The new Mini Electric!
5. We get our loo paper from Who Gives a Crap.
Not only does this mean plastic-free packaging and no nasty, inks, dyes or scents, this social enterprise also donates 50% of profits to help provide proper sanitation to billions of people in need.
6. We’ve created our own C8 jungle.
As we learned whilst working on the Plant Life Balance app with our friends at Republic of Everyone and Hort Innovation – indoor plants improve air quality by filtering airborne toxins caused by organic chemicals in things like paints and furniture finishes.
7. We all have our own reusable drink bottles, and never buy single-use plastic ones.
Although plastic bottles are recyclable, many end up in landfill and take up to 1000 years to break down. When littered they often end up in the sea where they break up in small pieces, killing marine life that mistake them for food.
8. The lightbulbs illuminating our studio are energy saving and we’ve just ordered the most energy saving fridge in Australia with a 6 star energy rating! You can read all about it here.
9. We use Reverse Garbage
An organisation dedicated to saving materials from going to waste in landfill and renewing their value by making them available for reuse by families, students, artists and community groups.
10. Our office is dog-friendly!
This doesn’t quite fit our sustainability angle but these sounds every day inspire a lot of hilarity so we couldn’t resist sharing a photo of one of our 4 legged, furry friends.