Winter is here. And it’s beautiful.
Apparently this weekend is going to be the coldest weekend for Australia in about a million years (slight guestimation, taken from this report). And whilst it might suck not being able to go outside for a swim and a surf, there are a few reasons to love the cold snap.
1. It means you get to fill up on delicious, hearty meals like this. That’s sweet potato and corn tortilla soup, served with extra guac. Cause, you know, you need the extra layers.
2. And staying in, watching the wintery films that are totally lost on us during the months of November through to February. This guy has the right idea.
3. You also know that this is the only time of the year where it’s comfortable to wear your favourite wooly jumpers.
4. You might want to keep these on if you do venture outside too. Why not try doing a coastal walk this weekend? You can always sneak back inside for a hot chocolate after.
5. If you’re really brave, you could go out surfing this weekend. The water’s fine!
6. You’ll be sharing the sea with the new neighbours though – remember, it’s whale watching season!
7. Which means winter is also the perfect time to head to the harbour and jump onto one of the whale watching trips.
8. Or just soak up the view with some perfectly chilled wine. No esky needed in winter ;).
9. Let’s be honest, there are few views that are better than this.
10. Really, winter in Sydney isn’t so bad at all. Especially when it looks like this.
Have a great weekend! Circul8 x